It’s been quite a week – end of holidays is always a little hard to swallow, and the fact that my husband lives in another country, makes the end even more difficult. It’s fine when we say goodbye after a regular weekend together, but after three weeks in the same place, goodbye is suddenly infused with regret and longing.
But, I’m happy to report that I’m still actively engaged in living my resolutions. Here’s a little update on some:
– I finished my third draft of WIP and printed off all 468 pages of it, for myself and the early readers. Half my toner on the new printer is already gone!
– I’m moving on energetically with the equally important revising/editing stage.
– I’m more consistent with my online updates.
– I have been clutter busting like mad, getting ready for the painter friend who is going to make my bedroom and office more lovely and welcoming and less penitentiary-like in colour.
– I’m breathing more.
– I’ve been to the library with my brand new library card for a visit that felt a lot like Christmas morning!
– I’m connecting with/calling all my homes more – especially my grandparents – special love to Nanny S. who is about to go into the hospital for surgery on Monday.
– I’m walking, stretching, taking vitamins, and packing my lunch.
– Although I’m not officially buying nothing new, I’m moderately following in my twin’s ambitious footsteps and buying very little new, and I’m SAVING!
– I’m taking fewer taxis, using my transit pass.
– I am re-inhabiting my house. It feels more like home again.
– I’m embracing employment and enjoying doing the best I can at what I do.
– I am appreciating my many and varied relationships.
– I’m remembering to be grateful.
Now, to get back to the dentist, relax occasionally, finish knitting that second mitten, and conquer fear! Ha! Yes, these are the tough ones!
I hope you are staying warm and doing whatever you planned for yourself this January.
2 thoughts on “Moving Onward – writing and life”
I love your post, reminding me of our session of working on our new year's resoloutions! Nice work, and I am also enjoying being an early reader of a full draft. I would be moving fast, but I'm keeping Nanny company and visiting, but rest assured, I'm finding it very engaging 🙂
Thanks for all the encouragement! Keep good company with Nanny and make sure she knows just how much she is loved.